Klaus & Buku
At the Bauddh Kaksh, Sanskrit University, Banaras, 1965.
The Bauddh Kaksh was a quadrangle of living quarters on the grassy campus of the Banaras Sanskrit University in central Banaras.
When Herbert V. Günther was Head of the Department of Comparative Philosophy and Buddhist Studies (1958-1963), a curriculum was put in place for Tibetans & other Buddhist monks to learn Sanskrit. The 3 year Sanskrit Pramana Patriya Parikshad (Indian High School leaving standard) was the result & the Tibetans were housed in the Bauddh Kaksh.
Several Western scholars and wanderers ended up there, a natural gravitational pull, as it was a wonderful tropical Mahayana Buddhist outpost, hill people sweating in the ferocious Banaras heat, dust & rains.